Saturday, January 8, 2011

Random bits

I have a bunch of things that don't really fit anywhere else, so I'm throwing them in here.

- Did you know that contrary to the laws of physics, when you are putting the same stuff into the same car every day, it actually shrinks? We aren't gaining a LOT more space every day, but there's definite more holes in which to squeeze things.

- Thank heavens for hybrids. We're spending about $30 a day on gas driving across the continent.
Beth got to meet or re-meet many of
my friends in a final round of
goodbyes before I left...
Audrey and Danielle from Children's
were joined by Paul from my
a cappella life. Worlds collide!
Neigbour Joseph, my big brother,
and his partner Dave, took us out for
a goodbye.
Two men who'd heard all about each
other got to meet over Linguini's
pizza - Sam and Kurt joined me and
Beth for a post-cleaning relaxing
dinner. 

Seen at a gas station in the middle
of nowhere, where gas was $4.61
a gallon. We were in the dessert and
I wanted to be on the safe side so
grabbed a few gallons to be sure we
got through to the other side, but
...yowtch!


At our hotel in Barstow. This occurred
when one of us just brushed against
the bed. Glad neither of us brought
anyone along with whom we'd do
anything more energetic!

We always follow instructions....
Don't we?



I got an 8x10 storage unit, which isn't
near full. For those who've been in 
my house and know how I have 
accumulated in the last 20 years, this 
should be a shocking moment. That's
how much I divested.

No comments:

Post a Comment