Saturday, January 8, 2011

Major snag hit in move

So, two months ago I called US Customs and Border Patrol for information about how to export my car. Te information they gave me is now being directly contradicted by the two border crossings I have spoken to tonight (one says they don't accept export paperwork by fax, the other wants the original bill of sale of the car, not just title). Also, both are saying that the 72 hours they need to process the paperwork is three business days - I was told 72 hours. Period. I specifically made sure it was 72 hours, period, because I knew there was a chance I'd hit the border on a Tuesday.

Looks like I may be stuck in the U.S., near the border, for at least three days once I GET there, which throws my plans completely out of the water. DAMN.

1 comment:

  1. hmmm.. I hope this works out... the boxes are in transit, to arrive the 13th; how long did UPS say they'd hold them?
    at least every box has your phone # on it twice.

    sending good carma your way! :)

    ReplyDelete