Monday, January 10, 2011

New plans! Help needed from Torontonians ASAP!

OK, g/d bless the Customs and Border Patrol office at Lewiston, NY. They don't require two certified copies of the original title (plus original title), they don't require original bill of sale, they don't require a lien release letter or a recall clearance letter... and they don't require anything to be presented in person.

I love Lewiston, NY. :)

All they required was the VIN to be submitted by email. Stanley (my father, for those unfamiliar) logged in to my email and sent it for me approximately 1.5 hours ago, and we heard back a few minutes later starting the clock on my 72-hour window after which I can bring the car into Canada.

At this point we're about halfway between Columbus and Cleveland, OH, heading north.

The rough plan is stop somewhere near Lewiston, rent a car, and leave this one (which cannot leave the U.S. during the 72-hour window). We're going to drive up to Toronto just long enough to drop off the contents (I swear if we have to re-load this car one more time, one of us is going to explode), and then head to Montreal to be cosseted by my folks and to let me show off my hometown while we wait for the window to end.

That means I need somewhere in Toronto to leave said boxes/suitcases today, until I return on Thursday. My new roomie is going to be out of the house until 10pm tonight, by which point we were planning to be much of the way to Montreal. If we can't find anywhere else to leave them, we'll wait around until she gets home, unload the car there, crash and head to Montreal tomorrow.

If you have space in your home for a few boxes & suitcases, please contact me ASAP. My phone number was posted on FB; I can't access email or the blog from the road (we stopped at McD's in Medina, OH to use their WiFi), I still have an old phone/plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment